From fear, perfectionism, and playing it safe to living a meaningful life, there are a few recurring themes on Getting Work To Work that I love talking about. Usually I’m reflecting on my own experiences or the latest book I’m reading, but today’s guest has actually researched these topics throughout her career. Dr. Patricia Zurita Ona is a licensed clinical psychologist and works “with overachievers and overthinkers” to get them “unstuck from worries, fears, anxieties, obsessions, and playing-it-safe actions.” In this episode, we talk a lot about overcoming fear, when perfectionism is a good thing, why context matters in understanding our behaviors, the content generator of our mind, emotional noise, and the importance of living a fulfilled life.
- Dr. Patricia Zurita Ona
- The Crowdsourceress: Get Smart, Get Funded, and Kickstart Your Next Big Idea by Alex Daly
- Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life by Nir Eyal
- Photo by Yousef Espanioly on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab