Podcast: Download (Duration: 9:48 — 13.6MB)
I recently had coffee with a friend and we ended up talking about the struggles we face as creative professionals. While I didn’t have a good answer at the time, I spent the past few days reflecting upon this conversation. I realized that I struggle with coming up with new ideas, I worry about repeating or contradicting myself, and I have a difficult time starting the process all over again after finishing a large project. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I share some specific ways I overcome my creative struggles and share seven ways you can work through your own.
Seven Ways You Can Work Through Your Creative Struggles
- Identify and document your creative struggles.
- Seek accountability from friends and confidants.
- Focus on your why.
- Keep your audience in mind.
- Never stop learning.
- Move beyond your strengths.
- Your excuses will get old and prevent you from getting your work done.
- Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action | TED Talk
- 6 Things To Do When Your Job Kills Your Curiosity | Fast Company
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab