Podcast: Download (25.7MB)
When you think about your creative career, what memories fill you with joy and pride when you recall them? Building upon the concept of joy trails from Christina Tosi’s excellent book about dessert, I’m reflecting upon a few moments in my career that fill me with joy. I believe it’s important to remember, but we must also share memories and reflections with others. Not to be boastful or arrogant but to be a witness to hope, joy, and possibilities. After all, there is enough depressing news out there, so why not celebrate the good times with friends?
Seven creative joy trails that I want to share:
- 2008: Traveling to The Gambia, Africa to film a short documentary (Constructing the Future) for two weeks.
- 2010: Launching my first video series, Innovators of Vancouver.
- 2012: The first college course I ever taught about Flash and ActionScript.
- 2014: Receiving the Exceptional Faculty Award from Clark College.
- 2016: The start of Getting Work To Work.
- 2023: Expanding Getting Work To Work to include a documentary series and newsletter.
- 2023: Finding peace in my creative path.