Podcast: Download (Duration: 16:18 — 23.0MB)
Consume or create? As more and more content is released every day by independent artists and studios, creative professionals and entrepreneurs are facing a dilemma: How do we balance consuming all that we would benefit from while creating what we’re driven to make? Will there ever be a tipping point where there is so much content that we’ll just give up creating entirely and merely exist as an all-consuming being?
The Cycle of Creation
- Desire: Motivation to create new projects and bring new ideas to life.
- Spark: Through experiences, you get a spark for a project.
- Research: It’s time to learn and discover the source materials for your project.
- “Shitty First Drafts:” As writer Anne Lamott shares, “all good writers write them. This is how they end up with good second drafts and terrific third drafts.”
- Agility of Production: To overcome “the fantasy of the uninitiated” we must become increasingly agile by reducing friction, perfection, and the constant search for inspiration. We must hijack the brain’s addictive power to procrastinate.
- Rest: Take a break and let your mind wander through the landscape of thoughts, ideas, and more.
- The Ultimate List of Marketing Statistics for 2018
- 2018 Podcast Stats & Facts
- The Book of Beautiful Questions: The Powerful Questions That Will Help You Decide, Create, Connect, and Lead by Warren Berger
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab