Podcast: Download (Duration: 12:42 — 17.6MB)
As I have been working on my company’s positioning and business offerings, I have been talking with a lot of smart people, such as last week’s interviewee, Christopher Butler as well as Marketing Mentor Ilise Benun. Both have given super advice and revealed a flaw in how I think and write: I desire to be clever at the expense of clarity. This has forced me to change how I think about what I do and how I explain it to others. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I share six ways I’m learning to be clearer and yet leaving a little room for cleverness.
Six Ways I’m Learning to Be Clearer and Yet Leaving a Little Room for Cleverness
- Be informative first, evocative second.
- Revise without frustration or anger.
- Change up your writing style.
- Less is more.
- Find an editor.
- Write it, publish it, then refine it.
- The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide by Kelley Baker
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab