“Chasing Big Ideas” is a phrase that is showing up in my life and work a lot lately. You’ll hear me say it in the opening to this show, it’s part of my company’s positioning, and it’s a question I ask everyone I talk with. As I listen to what it means for others, I can’t help but ask myself: What does it mean to chase big ideas? Why is that so important to me? In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to dive into what chasing big ideas means to me and share eight ways you can chase big ideas.
Eight ways to chase big ideas:
- Ask people what big ideas they are chasing.
- Research by reading more than the text and dive into bibliographies and references.
- Find ways to experience big ideas.
- Search for the stories and the proof.
- Look for people with vision, passion, and action.
- Be curious by asking a lot of questions and being open to people.
- Listen to your intuition.
- Accept the shifting and never-ending pursuit that this will be.