What is your vision for a creative world? For Heather Crank, it is to relentlessly share the work and people who daily inspire her, especially those who are struggling to get noticed. Heather is an artist, animator, performer, and a perfect of example of how to build community around art and life by continually reaching out to people. In this interview episode of Getting Work To Work, Heather and I discuss her origins of being a performer and an artist, why she shares other people’s work, the importance of allies in our lives, bringing humanity and emotion to motion, and the importance of trust and vulnerability in our work.
- “Tastemaking for the Future” with Danielle Evans (GWTW263)
- Bend Design
- Volume Inc.
- Survival tips for women in motion design by Lilian Darmono
- James Victore
- Ryan Summers
- Digital Kitchen
- Just Kids by Patti Smith
- Saeed Jones on Design Matters with Debbie Millman
- How We Fight for Our Lives: A Memoir by Saeed Jones
- Photo by Ricardo Viana on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab