In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I catch up with Australian filmmaker gough and have a chat about his latest film, “A Day in the Life of a Personal Trainer,” now available at BeernutsProductions.com. We talk about where the idea for the script came from, how the perfect casting choices brought his main character and supporting characters to life, why he is the Australian David Lynch of comedy, and who’s doing comedy right in Australia and America.
Several quotes from this episode:
- “Comedy must always come first; the joke is always king. And then any other underlying message can come second to that.”
- “A joke takes however long it takes to tell and the same goes for the film.”
- Beernuts Productions
- A Day in the Life of a Personal Trainer
- Interview with gough (GWTW129)
- Monty Python
- Shaun Micallef
- Samantha Bee
- Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Lynch
- Dave Attell
- Inside Small Business | Australia’s Top 50 Small Business Leaders 2018 Announced
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab