It’s the middle of the night, and I can’t sleep again. As I play a silly game on my phone to quiet my mind, I hear a question, “Are you willing to break the mold of your life?” We live so many moments of our lives according to the scripts inherited from others: genetics, families, friends, lovers, celebrities, pastors, gurus, media moguls, authors, artists, musicians, time, habits, the list is endless. Why trust ourselves to carve our own statues when we are given a generic mold based upon imitations of others? A mold we can use over and over again until it becomes our death mask? What will it take to break the mold of our lives? First, be willing to explore whether your life is working for you. From there, desire something else you can see in your dreams. You’ll then want to bring it to life through action and funding your future while paying for the past. Finally, you can invite others to participate in your new life.
Here are five steps that will break the mold of your life and bring your imagined future to life:
- Be willing to explore whether your life is working for you or for someone else.
- Desire something else you can see in your dreams.
- Bring it to life through action.
- Fund your future while paying for the past.
- Invite others to participate in your new life.