There’s a phrase that I find myself saying a lot, “I get easily bored.” Whether I’m talking about life decisions or business choices, that phrase pops up as an excuse, a validator, a reason for why things don’t go the way I plan. But as I started thinking about it, is it boredom or perhaps something else? In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to explore what I have been mistaking for boredom.
Six ways I’ve confused boredom with something else:
- Standardization (routine).
- Unrealistic expectations.
- Metrics of entertainment.
“Creativity and innovation are driven by imagination, and imagination withers when it is standardized, which is exactly what digital technology requires—codifying everything into 1’s and 0’s, within the accepted limits of software.” — The Revenge of Analog: Real Things and Why They Matter by David Sax
- The Revenge of Analog: Real Things and Why They Matter by David Sax
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab