“What could the future look like?” — This is one of the driving questions of Bend Design, an annual conference in Bend, Oregon, that brings together a wide-range of leaders and creatives to learn new ways to connect, collaborate, and impact the world with creativity. In today’s interview episode of Getting Work To Work, I talk with René Mitchell and Martha Murray about all things Bend Design and how the conference has impacted their professional pursuits. We also dive into the importance of having multiple creative interests, how obsessions show up in their creative work, the importance of broadening your perspective, and wise insights into the balance of client work, pet projects, and life.
- Bend Design
- René Mitchell Creative
- Martha Murray Design
- An American Marriage: A Novel by Tayari Jones
- Pod Save America
- Chris Do & The Futur
- Hamilton Musical
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations – Lin-Manuel Miranda: Creativity and Compassion
- Photo by Ben den Engelsen on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab