Podcast: Download (Duration: 49:53 — 70.8MB)
What do you do with a childhood dream of being an artist, an obsession with history, and a desire to build a community through inclusion of diverse perspectives? You do what today’s guest on Getting Work To Work did and get busy creating work, starting businesses, and building relationships. Tré Seals is a creative entrepreneur, multi-disciplinary designer, and founder of Vocal Type Co. and Seals Studio. From a foundation of curiosity and observation, Tré has built upon a family legacy of entrepreneurship and history to create a space that allows him to add diversity to design as well as do something different.
- Seals Studio
- Vocal Type Co.
- Bayard | Vocal Type Co.
- Unveil by Tré Seals
- Sagmeister & Walsh: Beauty by Stefan Sagmeister and Jessica Walsh
- Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum
- Railroad Gothic
- Black Designers: Missing in Action (1987) by Cheryl D. Miller
- Black Designers: Still Missing in Action? by Cheryl D. Holmes-Miller
- C.D. Holmes Miller
- Design Diversity Group
- Maurice Cherry
- Revision Path Podcast
- Gail Anderson
- Jessica Bellamy
- Bend Design
- The Alchemist: A Fable About Following Your Dream by Paulo Coelho
- Photo by Henry & Co. on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab