When you get an idea, what do you immediately think about it? Better yet, what do you do with it? These are two questions that got me thinking as I read Own Your Weird by Jason Zook. This book is a collection of stories, experiences, and ideas—from selling his last name to charging for everything he makes in the future—that all speak to the reality that we can do so much more, if we just trusted ourselves a little bit more. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to explore four areas of my life that could use more weirdness: decisions, dreams, detoxing from social media, and direction.
- Own Your Weird: An Oddly Effective Way for Finding Happiness in Work, Life, and Love by Jason Zook
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World by Cal Newport
- Wandering Aimfully
- Photo by Buzz Andersen on Unsplash
- The (Seven Deadly) Curiosity Killers
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab