Podcast: Download (Duration: 9:24 — 18.1MB)
Today, I’m celebrating my 43rd trip around the sun, so I thought I’d take a moment to share a few things I’ve learned in my time here on planet Earth. Seven important lessons, to be exact. No matter how young or old you are, I hope that something I say helps you take a step or two toward the creative projects and ideas of your dreams. As one of the beautiful lyrics from the musical RENT proclaims, “No day but today.” Let’s get into it!
Seven important lessons in 43 years:
- Create more than you consume and definitely more than you criticize.
- Give something (or someone) a second chance before writing it off.
- Plan for long game; quantity will lead to quality.
- The most critical asset every entrepreneur must have to succeed: Hobbies.
- Advice exists that confirms or contradicts what you want to do, so you might as well get started.
- Three phrases that you should never tire of saying: “I’m sorry,” “I love you,” and “Thank you.”
- Be kind to everyone.
- The Astonishing by Dream Theater
- The Similitude of a Dream by The Neal Morse Band
- Photo by Tim Zänkert on Unsplash