As I near my 40th birthday as well as the end of a year that I would graciously call experimental, I am becoming increasingly reflective on things I learned this year. From not being an asshole and being more human, to learning from my weaknesses and embracing my strengths, I enter my fourth decade hopefully a little wiser, kinder, and more curious than ever. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to share 12 things I learned this year.
12 Things I Learned This Year:
- Don’t be an asshole.
- Listen more, talk less, correct often.
- You can never be kind enough to yourself and others.
- Your self talk determines your daily success.
- Allow your weaknesses to guide you to new ideas for your life and work.
- Set an appropriate scale for your experiments.
- Work with people who make communication a breeze.
- No one will perform the way you expect them to, even yourself.
- Trust your intuition.
- Building and nurturing relationships is the best marketing you can do.
- Words matter to others and yourself.
- Follow your curiosity and see where it goes.